Meet The Goal

There is not a day that goes by where goals are not being set, some of them you achieve and others seem to remain forever elusive. There are strategies available that can assist all of us in meeting more of our goals as well as empower us to life a life of significance.

Am I Right or is it my Writing? The Four Ways to Finding my Writing Powers.



                One of the first things I realized after completing the Jung Topology Test and receiving the results ISTJ (IntrovertSensingThinkingJudging), I realized that the results were more accurate than not, and by looking more closely at each designation, it has helped me find my writing power. The first way I found my writing power was in the identifying letter ‘I’ for ‘Introvert.’ In the work “Your Personality Type and Writing” for “Introversion and Writing,” I agree that I “need time and solitude for concentration…” Whether at home or school I have found locations and methods to “block out” the distractions so that I can focus on what I am writing. One of the strengths mentioned in the section speaks to my “needing distance from” my “audience to gain a perspective for whom” I “am writing.”  I have always liked the “helicopter view” of things. My only disagreement with this first designation is that I am an extrovert in personality but as I normally tell those that meet me, I am an introverted – extrovert in life and in writing. This leads us to the second letter designation ‘S’ or ‘Sensing.’ I have always felt that there is power in the details. When I write I recognize that the more data or information I am presented with, the more clearly I feel that I can be in the communication I am being asked to present. I use the statement: “facts in – facts out.” While I disagree with the suggestion that due to this designation, I “have difficulty deciding what to include in the paper.” I have to agree that I sometimes “fail to notice content weaknesses” due to the speed in which I would put the writing to paper. The third designation letter ‘T’ or ‘Thinking’ is spot on. I thrive in being well organized and when I have a predetermined action plan for writing I definitely agree that “if the structure dictates the inclusion of material, it is included. If not, it is excluded.” I will often cross out entire sentences and not include them in my final submission when I feel they do not fit the original requested structure. Being very logical and analytical in my methodology such as having all my papers in a single stack, writing devices in one place and books to be used all stacked neatly, this process helps me to stay organized and write in an organized manner. The last and final “temperament test” designation is the letter ‘J’ or ‘Judging.’ This area seems to be my blessing and my curse. Although brevity in speaking can help to get a point across quickly so that life can continue on, when it comes to writing it can be a detriment to the reader. Here is an example, the “content weakness” and “being well organized” as mentioned above are both results of the ‘Judging’ designation. It is true that when I write a paper I begin writing in my head long before I grab a pencil and paper and then proceed to write down my thoughts (judgments) about the subject matter as if it was an well planned out process that was taken to produce it. This process can leave the reader without some very important information. However not all is lost as it is suggested that this ‘Judging’ also carries the benefit of being able to “write quickly” and “meet deadlines.” When writing a paper with a writing “temperament” such as this, while I might feel that I am “right” in what I am writing, I know that I can gain much more writing power by enhancing the strengths of each temperament trait and work to eliminate the weaknesses and this can only be done through my being adaptable as it relates those four areas. 

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
No matter what else you do in life, you must always remember to Cultivate the Courage to Roar!

Followers

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Powered by Blogger.